You have the right to:
- Get free advice over the phone from the NC Medicaid Enrollment Broker Call Center, where someone can inform you whether you have to enroll in a health plan, and help you decide which health plan is the best choice for you and your family.
- Get information in your preferred language for free.
- Switch health plans for any reason within 90 days of being enrolled. After 90 days, unless you have a special reason, you must wait until your next NC Medicaid recertification date to change health plans.
- Choose a health plan or stay in NC Medicaid Direct if you require services to address a developmental disability, behavioral health, traumatic brain injury or substance abuse disorder.
- Continue to receive the same NC Medicaid coverage and services you receive now.
- Get care from a provider outside your health plan’s network if medically necessary services are not available in the health plan’s group of providers.
- Receive care without interruption when transitioning between health plans or into or out of managed care.
- Ask for an appeal from your health plan if they deny, reduce or stop coverage for health care you need.