Your Advocate for Quality Care
Starting July 2021, there will be a new way to get health care under Medicaid in North Carolina. Most people will get the same Medicaid services in a new way – through health plans. You can contact us with any questions or issues you have with this transition.
NC Medicaid Ombudsman has launched!
Below you can find helpful information on upcoming changes to North Carolina’s Medicaid Program, including how to enroll, health plan information, other places you can call for help and important dates you should know.
What is the Ombudsman Program?
Our program helps North Carolina Medicaid and NC Health Choice beneficiaries understand the changes happening as the state moves to Medicaid Managed Care. We provide free confidential support and education about the rights and responsibilities people have under NC Medicaid. We offer help if people with Medicaid have trouble getting access to health care and we connect people to resources like social services, housing resources, food assistance, legal aid and other programs.
We are here to:
- Educate about NC Medicaid, NC Health Choice, rights and responsibilities under Managed Care and what the changes mean for you.
- Advocate to resolve any issues you have so you can get the care you need.
- Refer and connect you to community services to support health-related needs, including legal aid, social services and other supports for a wide variety of issues.
- Communicate issues we learn from your experiences to the State to track them and work towards solutions. This will help make sure that the voices of families covered by Medicaid are heard and that they receive access to high quality health care.
You can call us at 877-201-3750 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., every Monday through Friday except for State holidays.
NC Medicaid Managed Care: What Comes Next
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
12 – 1 p.m.
Advocates and partner agencies can learn more about next steps in the NC Medicaid Managed Care rollout, with a focus on what people with Medicaid should expect next and how the Ombudsman can help.
Topics covered will include:
- Enrollment processes: auto-enrollment, changing plans, requesting to stay in NC Medicaid Direct
- Accessing care: transition of care protections, care management, transportation assistance
- Updates: latest news on the rollout and Ombudsman services
- Q & A: get answers to your questions and give us feedback on the transformation process so far
Click here to get registered.