NC Medicaid Ombudsman has launched!
Below you can find helpful information on upcoming changes to North Carolina’s Medicaid Program, including how to enroll, health plan information, other places you can call for help and important dates you should know.
What is the Ombudsman Program?
Our program helps North Carolina Medicaid and NC Health Choice beneficiaries understand the Medicaid program and changes happening as the State moves to NC Medicaid Managed Care. We offer help if people with Medicaid have trouble getting access to health care, and we connect people to resources like legal aid, social services, housing resources, food assistance and other programs. We provide free, confidential support and education about the rights and responsibilities people have under NC Medicaid.
We are here to:
- Educate about NC Medicaid, NC Health Choice, resources available to meet health care needs, rights and responsibilities under NC Medicaid Managed Care.
- Advocate to resolve any issues so you can get the care you need.
- Refer and connect you to community services to support your health-related needs, including legal aid, social services and other supports for a wide variety of issues.
- Communicate to the State regarding issues we learn from your experiences to track them and work toward solutions. This will help ensure that your voice is heard and that you receive access to high quality health care.
Call the Ombudsman when:
- You are not getting the care that you need.
- You have questions about a notice or bill you have received.
- You have already talked with your health care provider or health plan and have not been able to solve the problem.
- You have questions about the complaint or appeal process.
You can call us at 877-201-3750 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., every Monday through Friday except for State holidays.