Open Enrollment ended May 21, 2021. If you did not choose a health plan by this date, you were auto-enrolled in a health plan to ensure you could continue to get care. Most people were able to keep their same doctors. If would like to change health plans, you can do so for any reason until September 30, 2021.
Each health plan works with a network, or group of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers. You should choose a health plan that will let you keep going to your doctors and other health care providers. All health plans offer the same basic benefits and services. Some may also offer added services. When choosing a health plan, you may want to ask:
- How do I keep my current doctors, hospitals and specialists?
- What are my choices if I change doctors?
- What added services does each health plan have?
You can learn more about what health plans are available to you and the services they provide by visiting ncmedicaidplans.gov or calling 833-870-5500.
If you would like to change health plans or are new to Medicaid, you can get help in plan selection/change in one of the following ways:
- Call 833-870-5500 (toll-free)
- Go to ncmedicaidplans.gov
- Complete and return a paper enrollment form by fax or mail
- Use the NC Medicaid Managed Care mobile app