Because each health plan works with a network, or group of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, you should choose a health plan that will let you keep going to your doctors and other health care providers. All health plans offer the same basic benefits and services. Some may also offer added services. When choosing a health plan, you may want to ask:
- How do I keep my current doctors, hospitals and specialists?
- What are my choices if I change doctors?
- What added services does each health plan have?
You can learn more about what health plans are available to you and the services they provide by visiting ncmedicaidplans.gov or calling 833-870-5500.
Between March 15, 2021, and May 14, 2021, you can select a health plan and primary care provider (PCP) in one of the following ways:
- Call 833-870-5500 (toll-free)
- Go to ncmedicaidplans.gov
- Complete and return a paper enrollment form by fax or mail
- Use the NC Medicaid Managed Care mobile app
If you do not choose a health plan and primary care provider by May 14, 2021, these will be chosen for you.